Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful and safe New Year's Eve! I, like many others, may have indulged in a few beverages and some rich foods which lead to a messy car and a pounding headache this morning. Whoops! No matter, several glasses of water and some english muffin bread later - and I'm good to go!

Monday started week 4 of training. I CANNOT BELIEVE I'm already in week 4! Mondays are rest days so that was wonderful. Yesterday my running plans got jumbled a bit but I still got it in. I was slotted for 3 miles so I got dressed and headed out. I didn't map out a course. I just went until I had ran 1.5 and then turned around and headed back. I was able to power house up a hill that had kicked my BUTT before which was awesome. It's really wonderful to be able to feel how your power has increased. I didn't run particularly fast but I ran solid. I love how I can view all my activities on garmin and see how my pace has gotten faster. I try to look at the great things about each workout. If I say "I only ran 3 miles" it just doesn't make me feel proud of myself. And really, I should be proud of myself. So each run I'm going to come up with at least one wonderful thing. Even on the runs that are horrible and painful and make me hate my life. They're all for the greater good.

On today's docket is a 5 mile run. Not sure where to. I'm going to hop on mapmyrun.com here soon and see what I can come up with. I'll holler at you folks soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment