Friday, January 24, 2014

Fancy Pants

Hi-de-ho there, folks! Things around here are looking very...cold. Atlanta has certainly seen their fair share of cold weather this winter. We typically have a roller coaster type of winter. Some days it will be 30 and some days in will be in the "teens" while other days will be in the 50's and 60's. Let's just say we've seen way more of the "teens" than the 50's or 60's. It's been kinda brutal. Makes running outside a littttttle bit more difficult. But, shockingly enough, I miss is quite a bit. I haven't been able to run in a week now. Makes me feel crazy. I DID run on Wednesday - a test run to see how I was healing. The prognosis wasn't good. I'm definitely not ready to run the 15k on Sunday. Haven't healed enough yet. At first I was mega bummed... and now I'm simply trying to get over it and do what I can. 

I've been hitting the gym pretty hard with my Dr. Approved forms of exercise. Elliptical. Stair Machine. Abs. Arms. Today I probably did intervals that included some jump squats. I'm sure that isn't on the list of approved exercises but whatever. I have felt good about my workout routine lately and that's pretty fab. 

I've also logged into and tracked my calories on myfitnesspal for 6 days in a row. That's every single calorie I have put in my mouth. Brutal. But - it's giving me a great view at my diet. Tonight after dinner I realized I was under in calories by a considerable amount and way under in protein. So, I had half of a serving of my recovery protein shake which made up my protein that I needed and also gave me some more calories. 

I did something I swore I wasn't going to do - I weighed myself. I have to say I was pretty disappointed in the number. But being the smart gal I am, I knew that I have gained a considerable amount of muscle (though let's face it - not 10 pounds of muscle). So I did some research and purchased a fancy pants new scale from Amazon. I got the EatSmart Precision GetFit Digital Body Fat Scale. So far I like it. I've only used it once ;) It gives explicit instructions on how to get the most accurate weight AND body fat %. So far my body fat and muscle fat are within the "optimal" or rather "not obese" range. My body fat % showed  up as 25.4 and my muscle % was 39.2. Both are good percentages. I'm going to keep track of these numbers and see if they change drastically or remain pretty consistent. I'll go create an excel spreadsheet now...

Well that's that for now. Tomorrow holds a whole lot of stuff. We'll see what's up. Cheers! 

Shauna

No comments:

Post a Comment