Sunday, February 2, 2014

SHE'S ALIVE!

Yesterday was my first "long" run since the injury. I'm not going to lie - it was tough. I don't think that I could have made it through without Meghan there to support me and motivate me the whole time. We went at a pace that was better than my usual so that's always nice to see some improvement. I focused a lot on strength training while I was out of the running game and I think that it really helped. Now I just have to come up with a game plan to keep that going while getting back to the training schedule. Meghan really stressed to me that focusing on my long run and not worrying too much if I don't get every training run in would be a really helpful idea. I get super bent out of shape if I miss a run (or, in this case, two weeks worth). Overall the injury felt good - I was just tired. I had two shok blocks and they helped but I could tell that my running endurance had slipped. I know it'll be back before I know it. 

Counting of the calories is still coming along pretty well. I've slipped a couple times here and there but I made sure to let myself know that that's okay. In regular life I can't expect to be perfect all the time. I've done pretty swell, though. I've lost 4 pounds and feel like I'm doing great things for my body. According to my fancy pants scale I've lost a bit of body fat in accordance with the weight loss. So, I'm pretty pleased about that. 

Tomorrow starts my first full week back to running - can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment