Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Getting it together

You know, waking up early to workout takes a lot of prep work. I had to pack my work clothes, my after gym clean up stuff and then my workout clothes for AFTER work. That’s a lot of crap to remember. But, I did it. I went to bed later than I had hoped and thus only got about 6.5 hours of sleep. But I popped right up at 4:50AM (ugggh) and got dressed. I made my English muffin and out the door I went. The 45 min spin class was pretty great. I really liked the instructor. After that I walked on the treadmill for about 30 minutes at an incline just to keep my legs warm and kill some time until work. Made it to the treadmill after work to run my 4 scheduled miles. Pretty proud of myself for putting a plan together and making it happen despite the fact that I hate waking up early. Today is a total rest day. YAY! I don’t feel particularly sore from my double dose of physical activity yesterday. Tomorrow I have 7 miles scheduled. I’ve decided that as much as I hate getting up early, I’m going to get up early and do them. This way – not only are they out of the way but I wont spend hours working myself up over whether or not I’m going to continue to feel the way I did on Sunday. It’s really scary to think every run from now on will feel that way. Yesterday’s wasn’t much better. But all I can do is keep pressing on. I also feel like I need to get used to running early. The marathon starts at 7am so… yeah. Gotta get in the habit. I think I’m going to be heading to Stone Mountain with the wonderful Meghan this weekend for my long run. I have 13 to put in. She runs a lot better and faster than me but she’s so patient and kind when we run. Basically she’s amazing. I’m going to bring the gymboss and see if we can do intervals. I really think that will help a good bit. I’m excited to just get out there and push. Mentally focus. Stop giving in to the pain and lack luster thoughts. I’m really not mentally strong right now. I’m not sure what’s been breaking me down for the past couple weeks. Between the ice and injury I feel like I’m nowhere near ready… but I’m going to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment