Thursday, January 9, 2014

Feeling the BLAH

After my 3 miles on the deathmill on Tuesday I was SO PROUD of myself for actually getting up and using my lunch break to get my miles in. And then... I don't know what happened! It's like my motivation just evaporated. I haven't been feeling very well - the "yuck" IE - FLU has been going around and I've been feeling pretty wiped out with some sneezing and coughing thrown in for good measure. But really it wasn't "I don't want to run because I feel bad" it was "I don't want to run because I just don't want to." So yesterday I took a rest day instead of running my five miles. ARGH. But, Friday is my scheduled rest day that will now become a run day. I did get out in the cold and rain to get my five miles in today. I felt better after I did it and was glad I did. But man was it tough getting started. 


I've been thinking a lot lately about "dieting." You're looking at someone who has spent a life time going through a cycle of dieting and fads and self hatred. And now I'm finally to a point where my "diet" is simply what I eat and I don't think about it in the same self destructive manner that I used to. It's refreshing. I've learned what makes my body feel good and what doesn't. I've learned that health is far greater than skinny. I've learned that if I indulge in something delicious I don't have to spend the next three days starving myself to make up for the caloric intake. More on this later. I need to put my thoughts together because it's really been weighing on my brain. 

Time to go ice the knees and ankle and basically my everything. Oh running and the joyful body aches it brings. 

Tomorrow's plan: 3 miles on the deathmill (it's the only way I can really get in speed work right now). A swim and some leg/ab circuits inbetween. I'll let ya know how it goes. 

-Shauna

No comments:

Post a Comment