Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Operation: Marathon

Several years ago I decided to "become a runner." I still haven't really figured out what that is. With a couple of half marathons under my belt I suppose I can safely say that I have running experience but I wouldn't go much further than that. 

I have relit my flame for all things running and have decided that 2014 is the year to throw it all out on the street so to speak - I'm going to run a marathon. 

The Rock'n'Roll Nashville Marathon on April 26, 2014 to be exact. 

I've entered the race. I've booked my hotel. I've picked out my training schedule. Now all that's left is to lace up my Nikes and get to it. 

I'm more focused on the journey to the race than the race itself. I'm excited to see how hard I can push myself and how mentally focused I can become. I'll lay it all out here.... the good, the great, the absolutely fucking miserable and everything in between. 

This is my final week of my own running whatever I feel like each day. Monday December 9th begins my 20 week training plan. Nervous much? Uh - YEAH. 

As for now, I'll be content with my hilly 5k I threw down after work. Tomorrow it's up before the sun to get some miles in before I head off to the office. Wish me good speed! 

-Shauna 

No comments:

Post a Comment